Sunday

Audio Playback on the Uno R4 using the 14-bit DAC and the AutoAnalogAudio Library

Audio Playback on the Uno R4 using the 14-bit DAC and the AutoAnalogAudio Library

Having some fun with audio reproduction 

 Since recently receiving some Uno R4 and Uno R4 WiFi boards, I just started playing around with audio reproduction. It seems they are not directly I2S capable, but do have ADC and DAC functionality. So far, I've gotten audio playback working via the DAC on Analog Pin 0.

I attempted to get mp3 playback working as well, but the R4 just doesn't have the available memory for decoding, so it will just be wav files and similar for now.

Initial results are pretty good, playing anywhere from 8 to 16-bit audio at 16KHz to 44.1KHz from SD card with ease. I've connected an analog amplifier directly to the output pin (A0), and results are so far good.

Next up will be the ADC, then onto figuring out other methods, including possibly hacking an I2S signal and output using the SPI peripheral.

For now, the code is available in the UnoR4Support branch of the AutoAnalogAudio library, so users can switch to that branch and download the ZIP if wanting to test it out.

No comments:

Audio Playback on the Uno R4 using the 14-bit DAC and the AutoAnalogAudio Library

Audio Playback on the Uno R4 using the 14-bit DAC and the AutoAnalogAudio Library Having some fun with audio reproduction   Since recently r...